2.26.2011

Book Review: Beastly

Beastly by Alex Flinn
(Click here to find a library copy.)

In Alex Flinn's Beastly, popular and oh so rich prep boy Kyle Kingsbury is transformed into a hideous beast. Mainly, this story is a modern remake of Beauty and the Beast. Flinn plays out the story in very similar ways to the actual story.  She makes a witch disguised as a student mad because he says she is ugly. The man who is supposed to be 'Belle's' father is caught breaking into the home of the beast. She hates him and she loves books. I wonder who that sounds like? Anyway, I fell in love with this book and I know you will too. I'm currently part of the cast of Beauty and the Beast so it was awesome to read it in a modern view. I can't wait to see how all the characters are portrayed when the movie comes out next Friday!

Happy Reading!

For more about the book, see Gretchen's review of Beastly.

No comments: