3.31.2008

Book Review: Steel Trapp: The Challenge

Steel Trapp: The Challenge by Ridley Pearson
Review by Alexa

Reading the summary of Steel Trapp: The Challenge, I didn't know what to expcet since the first four words were, "In this riveting thriller..." This usually describes an action movie. In truth, though, that's exactly what I felt like I had gotten myself into! This novel, by Ridley Pearson, is a wild ride full of heart-pounding suspense that kept me going until the very end. The novel begins with fourteen-year-old Steven "Steel" Trapp's train ride to the National Science Competition in Washington, D.C. I should have known this novel would be filled with trouble...I mean, Washington, D.C., just screams fraud, hostage situations, and multiple federal law enforcement teams! But, back to the train ride. Steel tries to return a woman's briefcase to her when she leaves the train without it, but she denies it and Steel turns it over to a conductor. Curiosity gets the better of him and he steals the briefcase back from the Lost and Found. In it, he discovers a photo of a woman, tied up and scared, that begins his involvement in a deadly game of cat-and-mouse. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a little suspense because Steel Trapp: The Challenge is all it's cracked up to be and more!

No comments: