If you're sorry you missed it...
Look for some books:
- The 500 Best Urban Legends Ever! by Yorick Brown
- Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid: The Book of Scary Urban Legends collected by Jan Harold Brunvand
- Encyclopedia of Urban Legends by Jan Harold Brunvand
- The Chicken-Fried Rat: Tales Too Gross to Be True by Cylin Busby
- The Big Book of Urban Legends (graphic novel) by Robert Loren Fleming
- The Exploding Toilet: Modern Urban Legends by David Holt
- Hollywood Urban Legends by Richard Roeper
- Mysterious Urban Myths by John Townsend
- Wikipedia Article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_legends
- Snopes Urban Legends Reference Pages: http://www.snopes.com
- Truth or Fiction: http://www.truthorfiction.com/
- Mythbusters TV Show: http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbusters/mythbusters.html
Anyway, we wrote our own urban legends, which I posted below. Caitlin and Jeff won TRW backpacks for having the most convincing urban legend. We did an urban legend quiz, on which Marissa only missed two answers. She won a backpack, too. Also, Maria posted a bizarre quote below which is actually from an urban legend mad-lib that we did. Now we all know lots of useless trivia, but I bet none of us will ever believe email forwards again!!!