11.30.2010

Book Review: My Unfair Godmother

My Unfair Godmother by Janette Rallison

Review by Saranjeet
(This book will be released on April 12, 2011)

My Unfair Godmother was a well-written sequel to My Fair Godmother, from my perspective.  It had humor, romance, and morals.  Many many morals.  The main character, Tansy, is a normal teenager who has strange ways of making things look better.  I think the way she faces her problems is very creative.  I like how her sidekick in this book was a boy.  The romance in this story made it more interesting and made me not want to put the book down.  My favorite character in the book was Chrissy, the teenage fairy godmother, because she added the humor and a bit of suspense to the story.  In the beginning, I loved how the story was set up as a term paper and that the conflict was how Chrissy would get into Fairy Godmother University.  I was concerned about the obstacles that Tansy faces in the book. I felt she solved the problem of Robin Hood and his Merry Men like anyone else would have, but I would have rather seen her overcome that obsacle in a different way.  Overall, I enjoyed reading this book and I felt like it lived up to my expectations after reading the first one.

No comments: