- Candy by Kevin Brooks
- Smack by Melvin Burgess
- True Confessions: Real Stories about Drinking and Drugs by John DeConsiglio
- Crank by Ellen Hopkins
- Chasing the High: A Firsthand Account of One Young Person's Experience with Substance Abuse by Kyle Keegan
- Dope Sick by Walter Dean Myers
- Wise Highs: How to Thrill, Chill and Get Away from It All without Alcohol or Other Drugs by Alex Packer
- Big Book Unplugged: A Young Person's Guide to Alcoholics Anonymous by John R.
- Street Pharm by Allison van Diepen
- Rooftop by Paul Volponi
- How I Made It to Eighteen: A Mostly True Story by Tracy White (graphic novel)
Picks for Red Ribbon Week
October 23-30 is Red Ribbon Week, celebrating drug-free, healthy lifestyles. Check out these books to learn from the mistakes of others and develop strategies for your own life!