12.05.2010

Book Review: Jenna and Jonah's Fauxmance

Jenna and Jonah's Fauxmance by Emily Franklin and Brendan Halpin

Review by Arig
(This book will be released on February 1, 2011.)

SUMMARY:  Charlie and Fielding are teen idols, an on-set celebrity couple.   On TV, they are portrayed as two next-door neighbors, Jenna and Jonah, who are in love.  They can't stand each other, but have to act like a couple when they are out together in real life.  What could go wrong?  They're actors, they could fake anything.  Right?  Wrong.  Conflicts arise when a rumor gets around that the whole "love" thing is fake and Fielding is gay.  Charlie and Fielding, on a quest to hide from the paparazzi, escape together to Fielding's estate house.  As the days pass, they learn new things about each other and start to realize that they might have some feelings for each other after all.  What will happen to these two actors?  Will they survive the heat of the hidden paparazzi?  Will they just end up hurting each other?  This book is written in alternating chapters by Charlie and Fielding, so you can travel this journey of emotions through both of them.

OPINION:  I couldn’t love this book more. It’s just great. I began reading it one night and then kept on secretly finishing it instead of devoting my time fully to my studies. I did study, but I couldn’t put the book down. It’s truly a great book that keeps you jumping up and down wanting to know what happens next. I kept laughing and reading and one time I got tears. It came to the point where my older sister (like 5 years difference) stole the book to read it. She loved it! I would totally recommend to all students that are mature enough to handle some of the topics in here. It’s still awesome though. I’m sure many teens will love it!

No comments: