2011 Books to Movies for Teens

A new year means lots of books are coming to a theater near you! I included all books with teen interest, not just those that were published for young adults, so there is something for everyone. I can't vouch for their quality, but look for these movies through the year and make your own judgments:

March 11--Jane Eyre (book by Charlotte Bronte)
March 18--Beastly (book by Alex Flinn)
March 25--Roderick Rules (book by Jeff Kinney)
July 15--Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part II (book by J. K. Rowling)
October 14--The Three Musketeers (book by Alexander Dumas)
November 18--Breaking Dawn, Part I (book by Stephenie Meyer)
December 9--The Invention of Hugo Cabret (book by Brian Selznick)
December 21--The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (book by Steig Larsson)
December 28--The Adventures of Tintin:  Secrets of the Unicorn (book by Herge)

No specific dates:
The Giver (book by Lois Lowry)
The Witches (book by Roald Dahl)
Uglies (book by Scott Westerfeld)


Emma said...

Breaking Dawn is going to be an epic movie along with Harry Potter. Both being the top two books I have EVER read (and trust me I have read a lot) they are definitely ones I would not miss!

Gretchen said...

I think those are the two I am most looking foward to also! I am hoping for the best with Jane Eyre, Beastly, and Hugo Cabret.

Emma said...

Hugo Cabret was an AMAZING book! Some people I know who aren't big readers loved it too. I love the pictures also. They are a great touch!

Did you get my email about being a contributor?