12.01.2009

DIY Tie-Dye

Last Wednesday (the day before Thanksgiving), 12 teens showed up for our drop-in tie-dye craft. A lot of people did our shoelaces, but we also had people bring shirts, socks, and even a messenger-style bag! I also had some random shirts and baby items that some people made as extra items.

I made a few baby items for my cousin that turned out pretty well, but I managed to dye my hands completely blue when rinsing them out at home! I am still blue around the nails, and I will remember to wear gloves next time...

If you want to learn more about how to tie-dye, check out this post from the summer.


Two girls rubber banding their shirts into different patterns.

These girls modeled their trash bag smocks and plastic gloves.

One trash bag model and two girls showing off their shoelaces.

One person wore her awesome new shirt to the library on Friday! It turned out amazingly well.

This is a great baby onesie I made for my cousin. It's probably the most perfect tie-dye I have ever done.

I also did a baby burp cloth that turned out really well.

Katie's socks came out super-cute!

No comments: