4.08.2006

Book Review: Wrecked

Wrecked by E. R. Frank (NEW!)

SUMMARY: Dear anyone who cared about Cameron, I was the driver of the "other" car. The police and my mother and father and plenty of people are saying that I didn't kill her. But I know I did. That's what her parents must believe. And my brother, Jack. He always sees what's true. I want to tell him how sorry I am about the accident. I want to say a lot of things to him and to everybody. Like how Cameron was smart and beautiful and kind in a way that isn't all that common in high school. Like how much Jack loved her and how sometimes I can hear him crying through the wall at night. I want to say how bad everything can get. In one split second. Upside down and shattered. Just like that. Wrecked. (from the inside flap)

OPINION: By the time you graduate, at least one person in your school will have died in a car accident. But what if you were the driver of the other car? And you still had to go to that high school? And, to compound it all, it was your brother's girlfriend who died? That's the essence of this tragic and painful story about the aftermath of a late night accident. It was hard to read at times because of the heavy feelings it brought out in me, but ultimately I was proud of the characters and pleased with the realistic ending. This book is serious, but definitely worth your time.

No comments: