1.27.2010

Book Review: I So Don't Do Mysteries

I So Don't Do Mysteries by Barrie Summy
Click on the cover to find a library copy.

SUMMARY: About to be shipped off to San Diego while her widower dad goes on his honeymoon, seventh-grader Sherry(short for Sherlock) Holmes Baldwin prepares to put up a fight when she is contacted by her mother's ghost. Killed in the line of duty, her cop mom is flunking out of an afterlife law-enforcement academy, and she needs Sherry's help to crack a case at the San Diego Wild Animal Park. So what if Sherry, a self-proclaimed screw-up, is nothing like Nancy Drew? (This is the summary from Publisher's Weekly taken from Amazon. com.)

OPINION: This was a good read, I really liked the fact that even if Sherry was always doubting herself, she wanted to help her mom and that allowed her to get over her inability to take on situations. Things are helped by the fact that there's a super cute guy in the picture. You'll find yourself very happy you took the time to read this story and I look forward to reading the other two books in the series.

8 comments:

Mechelle Fogelsong said...

It sounds cool. Has anybody read it? If so, what did you think?

I'd like to hear other people's opinions before I add another book to my to-be-read pile.

Anonymous said...

thiz book sucks its not really good im reading it now and it doesnt get better!!!! :{

Anonymous said...

this book was a slow read for me but in the end i loved it!!! keep reading it, it gets MUCH better throughout the book!!

Gab T. said...

I love this book. I just read it and it's really good. I think u should read it.

Anonymous said...

I liked it, it didn't suck!!!! People have no interest then!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm a 7th grader and i read this for a book report and really enjoyed it!!!:D

Anonymous said...

love it!!! if your into mysterires you will like this book, great tween and teen book

Anonymous said...

I read all of the books in the series and they are fabulous. Shame on you for calling the book horrible!