1.08.2006

Book Reviews: The Face on the Milk Carton series

Books in the Series by Caroline B. Cooney:
  • The Face on the Milk Carton
  • Whatever Happened to Janie?
  • The Voice on the Radio
  • What Janie Found

Summary: The story begins when Janie sees a picture of a missing child on a milk carton...and realizes it is herself at age 3. Memories of an earlier life start to resurface, and she realizes that she was kidnapped! But how? And by whom? In the four books, Janie tries to put back together the pieces of her fragmented life.

Opinion: Some of you may have read The Face on the Milk Carton for summer reading a few years ago. I remember reading it for fun as a teen (yes, it's been around for a while). I picked it up again last Monday, and ended up reading all four of the books in the series in one week. They are not hard reading, but the plot is very gripping. I had to read all four, just to find out how the story developed. These books have it all: hate, fear, kidnapping, romance, travel...you name it! If you are looking for a suspenseful read, I suggest checking out this series.

1 comment:

Danmark said...

I love the idea for this story. It is something everyone must have considered once in his or her life. What if my parent's weren't really mine? I also admired the lesson in this book. It showed that even if your parent's aren't yours biologically, it doesn't mean they can't love and care for you just as much. Something that disappointed me about The Face on the Milk Carton was the ending. They leave you hanging, and in order to figure out what happens to Janie, you have to read the sequel. I would've been happier with a longer story and no second book. On the whole though, I was very thrilled with the mystery and excitement of this novel.