4.03.2010

Book Swap & Miyazaki

Last Wednesday, 27 teens showed up for our spring break Book Swap and Miyazaki event! Ten people swapped 36 old books for new reads, so I hope they are enjoying their selections. We watched a double feature of Miyazaki's anime movies, which was great for me because I have never seen any of them. Several members of the Teen Advisory Board suggested this event, and I am grateful because it was really popular. I was astonished, though, at how much food was eaten during the program. The group demolished a six-pound bag of gummy bears, two gallons of lemonade, an entire batch of chocolate cupcakes, and a giant container of snack mix! It's a good thing I went to BJs to stock up the day before. Anyway, we'll definitely combine Miyazaki and book swap again in the future because there are a lot more movies to watch. However, look for a different book swap and movie theme on the summer schedule!

No comments: