6.01.2006

Book Review: Startled by His Furry Shorts

Startled by His Furry Shorts (Book 7 in the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series) by Louise Rennison (*NEW!*)

SUMMARY: "On the rack of romance. And also in the oven of luuurve. And possibly on my way to the bakery of pain. And maybe even going to stop along the way to get a little cake at the cakeshop of agony. Shut up, brain, shut up." Georgia is in quite a predicament. Dave the Laugh has declared his love for her (at least she thinks he was talking about her), leaving her in a state of confusiosity. And then when she finally decides to give Masimo an ultimatum--to be her one and only--he tells her he needs to think about it. To distract herself from her romantic woes, Georgia throws herself into MacUseless play rehearsals and planning a Viking wedding, and tries to avoid all thoughts of boy decoys, Italian-American dreamboats . . . and let’s not forget guitar-plucking Sex Gods! (from the inside flap)

OPINION: I was hooked on this series when I read the first book (Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging) in my YA lit class in grad school. The series is total chick-lit fluff, but I love it! It has always made me laugh out loud, and this book is no exception. Any book that details the creation of a Viking disco dance is OK with me! One complaint: it ends with a HUGE cliffhanger. Grrr.

No comments: