4.01.2013

iPhone Alive fun!

Last Wednesday I had 7 teens show up for some activities based on Plants vs. Zombies and Angry Birds. The Plants vs. Zombies portion had us constructing our own "pea shooters", which were actually mini-marshmallow shooters from PVC pipe. While I walked through the "correct" way to assemble the pieces, some decided to see what other shapes they could make that would still work, which I thought was a pretty cool idea. Since I had a few pieces left over in case more people showed up, those were raided and used to mod their shooters. I put on some Plants vs. Zombies music from my iPod (yes I have the PvZ soundtrack on my iPod) and we took turns seeing how many shoot zombie head targets we could shoot in two minutes. Micah and Alex had a tie for 16 shots so we held a final face-off.

The marshmallow shooters were so popular, actually, that we never got to the Angry Birds portion of the program! But everyone was fine with it, and we had a lot of fun! Maybe we'll reschedule the Angry Birds stuff for a later time.

Apparently, the marshmallow shooters were also useful for blowing up balloons...

The zombie targets.

No comments: