2.13.2007

Fanboy Factoids

Notes from Barry's latest newsletter...

BEST BOOK OF 2006?
I'm too modest to say so ("Yeah, right," you all say, rolling your eyes), but School Library Journal has no such qualms. They listed Fanboy as one of the Best Books of 2006. And the Parkersburg (WV) News and Sentinel named it Teen Book of the Year for 2006.But none of that can hold a candle to the Catholic News Service listing my book as one of the best books to give to children for the holiday season, right under a book about teaching children about Jesus. Let me tell you, that one made my Catholic grandfather pretty happy...though it confused me. I mean, did they even READ the book? What was the Pope thinking?

AUDIOBOOK
The Fanboy and Goth Girl audiobook is on track to come out in March. I spoke with the producer, who is very excited about it. They've lined up a TERRIFIC narrator, none other than Scott Brick. Those of you in comics might recognize Scott's name -- he's done a lot of freelance work for Wizard and the like. He's a huge comic book fan, so it's quite apropos that he'll be narrating this book. (And we all know he won't have any trouble pronouncing any of the comic book references!) Scott was recently named Narrator of the Year by PW, so it's an honor to have him on the project.

PAPERBACK
The paperback edition of Fanboy will be out in October...just in time for the release of my second book, Boy Toy.

THE MOVIE DEAL
Yes, this is what EVERYONE wants to hear about. :) Wish I had news for you, folks, but I don't. The negotiations continue between my agent and the movie folks. These things take time. I've basically put it out of my thoughts. If it's going to happen, it'll happen.

No comments: