2.22.2011

Book Review: The Maze of Bones


The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan (The 39 Clues series)
(Click here to find a library copy.)

Because I am SO late, I have just read the first book in The 39 Clues series. I'm sure everyone who is reading this realizes how late I am, and you are probably rolling your eyes and laughing. Anyway, I realized what I was missing. The Maze of Bones rocked! The perfect author was chosen. Rick Riordan shows vivid pictures. You can almost feel how tense things are at every leg in the race. He makes a story that may seem totally unrealistic really realistic. I love Rick Riordan, really I do. And this book made me love him more. It's hard to explain the plot, but I'll try my best.

So this old lady, Grace Cahill, of the infamous Cahill family, has passed away. She has left a quest to all the people of the four Cahill branches. They must give up 1,000,000 dollars to gain a treasure that can save - or destroy - our world. And I mean our world. These are a bunch of normal people from a family that supposedly included Ben Franklin and Isaac Newton. (That's the unrealistic part.) Everyone is out to get the orphans, Amy and Dan, because they were closest to Grace. Now the entire family must race around the world to discover the clues and the treasure!

I definitely cannot wait to read the rest of the series. I'm worried though. Every book in the series is written by a different person. Ten books. Ten authors. We'll see how it goes.

Happy Reading!

No comments: