7.22.2007

I Just Finished...

So, it's 12:30 on Saturday night (technically Sunday morning), and I've just finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I started reading late last night, fell asleep until 11 am today, kept reading, did some family stuff, and finished reading after Nat went to bed. It took me about 9 hours altogether.

Don't worry, I'm not going to spoil it for you, but I have to say that this may be my favorite of all the books in the series. It was long and complicated, but it actually made sense (unlike book 5, which I hate). It did make me cry, though.

Although this story was extremely serious, it did have two hilarious lines that made me laugh out loud. One was when Ron took the name of Merlin in vain, mentioning something about "Merlin's baggiest y-fronts." The other was when Mrs. Weasley called Bellatrix Lestrange the b-word. So this book does have its moments of humor. Trust me, you'll need them...

I will post further opinions about actual content of the story later, and you can too, but let's give everyone a chance to finish reading the book before we post story spoilers, OK?

3 comments:

Adriana said...

Lol, it only took me 3 and a half hours to read it.

Anonymous said...

I wanna kill jk rowling cause everyone dies!
omg thats what made me cry.
AH, oh again its katie.[;

Megan G. said...

I finished at 5:42 Saturday morning. I actually intended to get some sleep first, but I didn't realize what a low tolerance for caffiene I had...lol! Anyway, I had three issues with the book(let's see if I can do this without giving anything away...). First, the way some things fell into place so perfectly seemed really unrealistic. Secondly, two of my favorite characters were killed off without any real explaination and for no good reason. Finally, I wish the epilogue told what happened to everyone, not just a particular six. But overall I'd say it was pretty good.