G'day Mates! OK, that was lame. Want to get beyond the stereotypes we have about Australians? Look for some Aussie authors on the shelves!
- Andy Griffiths (not really YA, but I have to include him because we have his books The Day My Butt Went Psycho and Zombie Butts from Uranus in the J section and I think they are hilarious)
- Justine Larbalestier (Magic or Madness; Magic Lessons; she is married to Scott Westerfeld!!)
- Jaclyn Moriarty (Feeling Sorry for Celia; The Year of Secret Assignments)
- Garth Nix (Abhorsen trilogy; Shade's Children; Keys to the Kingdom series)
- Markus Zusak (I Am the Messenger; The Book Thief)